The Sketchnote Workshop is a half day, hands-on course for learning sketchnoting with Mike Rohde, author of The Sketchnote Handbook and The Sketchnote Workbook.
Here's what you'll learn at this interactive, hands-on workshop:
- How to conquer the fear of drawing with 5 simple shapes.
- How to build your own visual library.
- The secrets to identifying concepts through enhanced listening.
- How to develop visuals from metaphors.
- How to keep up with speakers by caching ideas.
- How to use sketchnoting techniques to generate ideas, plan projects, capture experiences and more.
Who's it for?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to capture ideas, experiences or information as sketchnotes. Students who want to capture ideas without having to be an artist are perfect candidates to learn and use sketchnoting to think visually. Teaching is geared for beginning sketchnoters.
When does this class meet?
This workshop meets on Saturday, April 11th, 2015. The same material will be covered in both the Morning Session (8am-Noon) and the Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm), which allows you to choose the best time of day to take the class. The workshops are each limited to 20 participants each so you will receive a high level of focus and attention during your 4 hour workshop.
8:00 - Morning Session Opens: enjoy coffee, tea, and baked goods.
8:30 - Welcome & Morning Session 1
9:30 - Break
9:45 - Morning Session 2
10:45 - Break
11:00 - Morning Session 3
12:00 - Q&A, Morning Workshop Wrap-up
1:00 - Afternoon Session Opens: enjoy coffee, tea, and baked goods.
1:30 - Welcome & Afternoon Session 1
2:30 - Break
2:45 - Afternoon Session 2
3:45 - Break
4:00 - Afternoon Session 3
5:00 - Q&A, Afternoon Workshop Wrap-up
Here's what's included for registrants, along with coffee and snacks:
- Personalized teaching from Mike Rohde, including hands-on activities, group discussion, and individualized feedback
- A custom Moleskine sketchbook
- A special selection of of pens and markers
- A signed copy of The Sketchnote Workbook
- A custom Sketchnote Workshop t-shirt (men's or women's styles)
Mike Rohde is the author of The Sketchnote Handbook (2012), and The Sketchnote Workbook (2014). He enjoys teaching sketchnoting principles to students around the world, from New York and San Francisco to Amsterdam and Prague.
His lifelong habit of recording concepts and observations through sketching and doodling, inspired him to develop sketchnotes — a practical art that translates simple and complex ideas into easily recalled bits of information.
Community and sharing are important cornerstones of Mike's philosophy, as evidenced by the creation of The Sketchnote Army, a website dedicated to finding and showcasing sketchnotes and sketchnoters from around the world.
Questions about this class? Contact Contact Mike Rohde at email@example.com.