One of our goals for 2015 is to be more transparent about our business, in hopes of helping other entrepreneurs who may benefit from peeking behind the scenes at The Skillery. In our first installment of an ongoing series called "Inside The Skillery," we take a look back at 2014, by the numbers, and share some of the more interesting data we've found.
- 1,052 of you came to 107 Skillery classes and workshops on a diverse range of topics, including Search Engine Optimization for Small Business, Home Cocktailing, Email Marketing, Blogging, Modern Calligraphy and more.
- We paid 43 teachers more than $32,000 in 2014, and spent $7,100 promoting those classes and The Skillery more broadly. In the process, we gave away 171 T-shirts.
- 189 of you attended Office Hours at The Skillery, a free weekly Q&A series with local entrepreneurs, which includes free coffee from our pals at Steadfast.
- Our first two sessions of CO.STARTERS at The Skillery graduated 19 entrepreneurs, and helped to support emerging local businesses like Walk Eat Nashville, OAK Nashville, and Accounting for Jewelers. Our winter session starts on January 22, and is sold out, but applications are now being accepted for our summer session.
- Our 6,870 square foot coworking space (which cost just shy of $28,000 to furnish) opened in July, and is home to 48 members, and counting. An impressive 22 of our members signed up before our building had walls and windows.
- Thousands of you (it would be impossible to count) walked through our doors for classes, meetings, workshops, coffee and more. We spent $562 per month on electricity, and consumed more than 3,000 paper towels per month in our restrooms. Our members and guests (and staff) consumed more than 384 ounces of M&Ms. (We will do better on all fronts in 2015, promise.)
Got something you want to know about The Skillery? Ask in the comments below, and we'll try our best to answer openly and honestly. We look forward to sharing more insights from inside The Skillery in 2015.